International Students

Welcome International Students!

Welcome to Bryan College. Bryan staff and faculty are here to help you succeed. We want to serve you well from the time a student contacts Bryan, all the way through graduation. Some ways we do this include:

● Providing vital information and assistance as students prepare to arrive for their college experience
● Providing support for the completion of forms necessary to enroll in a U.S. institution of higher education and remain in compliance with applicable laws regarding their stay in the U.S.
● Providing intentional, proactive support to help students achieve academic success
● Planning and carrying out events specifically tailored for international and third culture students
● Helping to foster a global perspective on campus and to educate students to become servants of Christ to make a difference, both locally and globally

Admissions Documents

Bryan College requires an official ACT score report with full detailed subscores. A screenshot or student report is not considered official. Please request your score report to be sent to Bryan College Office of Admissions from ACT or SAT.

Early –

Please send a three or three-and-a-half-year transcript by mail, fax, or via email attachment. This does not have to be an official document. 

Final –

 After you have graduated high school, please have your school mail an official signed final transcript to the Bryan College Office of Admissions. It must have your graduation date and should not have any incomplete or in-progress courses listed. 

Please contact each college or university where you have been enrolled and request that an official transcript be mailed to Bryan College, 721 Bryan Drive, Dayton, TN 37321, ATTN: Admissions. An official transcript is required regardless of whether or not you completed the coursework. 

Please have the testing center send an official score report to the Office of Admissions. 

If English is not your first language, you may be required to submit a TOEFL score in order to be accepted for admission. You can request to have your score report sent to the Bryan College Office of Admissions online. 

If you have taken any AP or CLEP tests, please contact the testing center to have your official scores sent to Bryan College, 721 Bryan Drive, Dayton, TN 37321, ATTN: Admissions. 

The $100 enrollment deposit confirms your intent to enroll at Bryan College and must be paid before a housing deposit is accepted. The enrollment deposits for the fall entrance term are refundable on request through May 1st. You can pay online or mail a check.

The Housing Reservation Fee guarantees housing and is not refundable. The Enrollment Deposit must be paid before the Housing Reservation Fee will be applied. The fee will be automatically credited toward the housing costs for the semester on your student bill. 

Please submit a passport photo for your student I.D. to If you do not have a recent passport photo, submit a similar one to your admissions counselor for approval. The 2×3 picture should be head and shoulders only, facing the camera, against a white or light solid background with no caps, sunglasses, props, or other people in the photo. 

Please contact the Admissions Office at 1-800-277-9522 or via email for an individual update on the status of your Reference form. 

Reference Contact Information: Please provide contact information for three adult references who are not related to you. You will need an email address and phone number for each reference. Email the reference contact information to the Office of Admissions. Be sure to include your own full name in your email so we can connect it with the correct application. 

You must indicate your agreement with the Community Life Standards of Bryan College with a statement that says that you will adhere to these standards. If you do not agree with the Community Life Standards please send an explanation by email

Life at Bryan

For a small college located in a rural area, life at Bryan is very active.  There are a multitude of ways to be involved in the life of the college.  A problem for many students at Bryan will be having to say no to some good things so that they can fully be involved in the things that are best for them.

MOSAIC is an office in Student Life that seeks to minister to students with backgrounds and situations that may not be the same as the majority of students at Bryan College.  This includes International students. Read more about MOSAIC.

See some of the ways to be involved in life at Bryan

International Student Information & Student Life Documents

International students must provide proof of ability to pay one year’s tuition, room, and board plus emergency funds in order to apply for a student visa. Additional documents are required for international students. All of the following documents can be sent via email to our International Student Advisor.

Please send a copy of your former I-20 to the Bryan College Admissions Office. Fax to 423-775-7199, or send it as an email attachment.

Please send a clear copy front and back of your “green card” to the Bryan College Admissions Office. You can mail a copy, fax it to 423-775-7199, or scan it and send it as an email attachment.

The Housing Questionnaire is an online form. New students will be assigned a roommate after we receive your information beginning the first week of July. You can view your room assignment and roommate’s name on MyBryan nine days before classes start. 

All Student Life forms can be completed on MyBryan.

Tennessee state law requires us to have a copy of your immunization records on file. This must include two doses of MMR and two doses of varicella (or medically documented proof of immunity). To complete your immunization information please upload your records online, email a copy to, or fax to 423-775-7199Please use a .jpg or .pdf format for your uploaded file. For information concerning religious or medical waivers, contact your admissions counselor. 

All vehicles belonging to on or off-campus students that will be parked on the campus for any reason must be registered with a parking permit. Permits are $125. These charges will be added to your school bill and can be paid in the Business Office. 

Q: How can I obtain a Social Security Number (SSN)?

All students who are employed must have a Social Security Number for Federal Tax reporting purposes. Please refer to the following page for details: 

Q: How do I start the process to obtain an OPT VISA (Optical Practical Training) after graduation?

International students may apply to US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for permission to participate in a post-graduation employment experience directly related to their program of study for one year. These permissions come directly from USCIS and are not internal at the University. Students are not required to have a job offer before they apply to USCIS. The application can be completed and submitted online or by mail. Required documents for the OPT application include: 

  • Form I-765, completed in black ink 
  • Form G-1145 (if applying by mail) 
  • A new I-20 showing the OPT request 
  • Copies of ALL prior I-20 documents 
  • A copy of your most recent I-94 
  • A copy of your passport 
  • A copy of your visa page 
  • 2 new passport-style photos 
  • A fee of $410 is paid by check or money order or by credit card if applying online.

Q: What is the process to obtain a driver’s license for an international and what documents do I need to bring with me to the DMV?

Talk with the DSO of Bryan College, to understand the steps you will need to take in order to obtain a driver’s License. Speak with your DSO to make sure that you are Active in SEVIS. Wait 10 days after arriving in the United States to apply for a driver’s license so that your Form I-94, “Arrival/Departure Record” information can update in all the government systems. If your state requires a Social Security number (SSN) to apply for a driver’s license, go to your local Social Security Administration (SSA) office and apply for an SSN. If you are eligible to work (on campus), you may receive an SSN. When you go to your local DMV, bring originals of the following documents: 

  • All signed versions of your Form I-20 
  • Proof of your attendance at Bryan College (bring your Bryan College acceptance letter and ID card with you) 
  • A valid passport with visa (You do not need a visa if you are from a visa-exempt country, such as Canada or Bermuda) 
  • Proof of residence. This varies from state to state and might be a bill or a letter addressed to you. (Make sure it is addressed to your Bryan College address or where you are living while attending Bryan.
  • Your SSN card (You must apply for SSN first before getting your Drivers License) 
  • If you are on optional practical training (OPT), bring your Form I-766, Employment Authorization Document. The DMV will use the A number on this card to verify your status. If you are an F-2 dependent, go to the DMV with your primary F-1. Please make sure you both have all your required documents. You may have to take both a driving test and a written test. In many states, if you have a license from your home country or another state, the DMV may not require you to take the tests. Please note that not all states accept driver’s licenses from other countries. Once you pass the tests, if required, and submit all the necessary paperwork, an associate at the DMV will explain the next steps. It is normal for some nonimmigrants to only get temporary licenses. In addition, you may receive the license immediately or you may have to wait several weeks, depending on the state.

Nearby DMV Offices:

Chattanooga/Bonny Oaks:

Chattanooga/Red Bank:

Cleveland/Bradley County:

Rockwood/Roane County: 

Q: What is the process if I want to change my major? 

Detailed requirements for each major area of study are contained in the Academic Programs section of the Bryan College Catalog:  Each student must complete an Application for a Major and receive approval from an academic department in order to be officially enrolled in a major program. This application for the major is normally completed during the second semester of the sophomore year, but it may be completed earlier once a student has decided on a major. The specific course requirements for each of these majors are listed under the appropriate departments in “Programs of Instruction.” In addition to course requirements, each department requires a senior assessment in the major, and the College requires a variety of core curriculum assessments prior to graduation.

For more information about changing majors or class schedule changes, please talk to your academic advisor or the Registrar.

Q: What are the legal requirements for me to be able to work on campus and how many hours am I allowed to work that meet F1 student visa regulations?

International students are limited to on-campus employment. SEVIS restricts work to a maximum of 20 hours per week for F-1 visa-holding students during the semester. However, summer employment on campus can be full-time, 40+ hours per week

Form I-9- Any student employed on campus must fill out an I-9 form. Employers are required to complete the form to document verification of the identity and employment authorization of each new employee and maintain the form on file for reference. If you get a job on campus, you will be required to complete this form.

Q: How do I make sure my phone works in the US?

  • Making international calls will depend on your carrier and your plan. Check with your carrier to make sure your plan allows for international calling.
  • Download an authentication app.
  • If you are desiring a US number while you are here, that will mean getting a new sim card.
  • Check with Bryan’s IT department if you are still having trouble with your phone.

Q: Where can I go if I am having trouble with my classes?

The Academic Resource Centers (ARC)  offers tutoring, student success coaching, calling and career services, testing service, and more. The ARC staff encourages students to come in and hang out in The Hub, utilize the study rooms, schedule a study group, or just come grab some coffee. The ARC is here to serve our student body!


Here at Bryan, we often discuss the transformative power of the Gospel and the transformative power of education. Bryan is a unique place where the two intersect. Buying into this vision is easy for me because I experienced both while a student at Bryan. Faculty and staff remain engaged by going above and beyond for students by helping them develop a biblical worldview and the leadership skills needed to make a difference. Bryan College changed my life, and I am grateful to continue to be a part of extending the same world-class education to the next generation of leaders!

— Nicholas Pacurari

Vice President of Student Life  |  Class of 2011


Student Life Office
721 Bryan Drive
Dayton, TN 37321
BOX 7781

Office Phone: 423-775-7285

Academic Resource Center (ARC)
721 Bryan Drive, Dayton TN 37321
Mercer 212 (next to Common Grounds), Box #7646
Su: CLOSED, M-Th: 8:45 AM – 11 PM, F: 8:45AM-5PM, Sa: CLOSED

Office Phone: 423-775-7579